[Techtalk] Odd behaviour - Samba

MList mlist at linux-house.net
Wed Feb 18 21:26:06 EST 2004

Hello,

I have been runnning Samba 2.2.8a on a Mandrake Linux box and with some linux
, win9x clients and a lexmark shared printer.

A.when i logon onto the samba server, i can several instances of smbd -D
running . Why ? is this normal? is it one smbd -D per connection / per
machine?

B. I find that sharenames are limited to 8 chars only.

C. Also , from the Win9x clients , i can delete subfolders and files, but from
linux clients, i cannot delete subfolders , only files can be deleted.

any help would be much appreciated.

--
Regards,
MList