[Techtalk] Re: firewalls

WeeBit ST0RMCHASER at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 13:21:20 EST 2004

I installed a firewall I guess you call it a helper firewall on Linux.  The name of it is GuardDog.  I am happy to report I am stealthed.  However,  I am so well stealthed to where I can't send DCCs  (lol)  Any ideas anyone?  Everything else is fine.  I will check into the chkconfig later on today.

I do have another question though on another topic too...

On my Windows box I have certain websites blocked is their a way to block these websites on Linux?   I am running Mandrake 9.1 on KDE 3.1

DEFINITION: Computer - A device created to speed up errors.

Dear WeeBit,

my short recommendations would be to run 'chkconfig' for turning off
those non-required but still acquired during installation services. As
for firewalling, can't think of a better solution than iptables
(http://www.netfilter.org/). You can be short and sweet with iptables
rules, or you can go into truelly perverse packet inspection on them.
The choice is yours as usual in Linux.

Happy securing