[Techtalk] firewalls

WeeBit ST0RMCHASER at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 11 20:17:15 EST 2004

Good evening everyone.  I am new.  Several things I need to do before I plunge online with my Linux box.  I am running Mandrake 9.1  I installed everything.  So now I need to turn off the stuff I don't need.  It seems I have plenty running in the background.  Including some servers.   I also need a fire wall, or instructions on how to set the firewall that is already on here.  I have a bunch of ports open that need to be closed.  I failed terrible  at the port scan.  I would like a firewall that stealth's instead of just blocks, or closes them.

DEFINITION: Computer - A device created to speed up errors.