[Techtalk] writing to ntfs...

Caroline Johnston johnston at biochemistry.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 12:01:21 EST 2004

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the advice on writing to ntfs.  Captive looks like a
possibility, but it's gonna take me a while to get it up and running cos I
can't find linux drivers for my modem so I've gotta keep rebooting
into windows everytime I need to download something. I'll give it a go at
the weekend and let you know if it breaks anything.

Cheers,

Cxx

PS don't suppose anyone's managed to get a bt voyager 100 adsl usb modem
working with slackware? flashtux (eciadsl.flashtux.org) don't support it
and i've googled my little heart out with no success. Any suggestions
(aside from "go buy a modem/router/other piece of equipment that costs
more than a packet of toffos (approx £1.19, the entire contents of my
wallet this morning.)" ) would be appreciated.