[Techtalk] kernel hack question

Tintin J de Belen cjereme at ucla.edu
Thu Feb 5 22:19:53 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

So I'm trying my hand at kernel hacking.
I am running suse 9.0 2.4.21
and installed another version 2.4.24.

I create a simple system call and placed the needed files in the
appropriate directories; edited entry.S and unistd.

but when I try to run gcc userapp.c, I get this error

__NR_myservice' undeclared (first use in this function)
error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
error: for each function it appears in.)

in /usr/src I have

a linux soft link that points to my original kernel directory (I think
suse needs this)
and the linux 2.4.24.

I think gcc is looking at my original kernel directory instead of the
2.4.24 But I am not sure.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks,
Tintin