[Techtalk] WVDIAL won't release modem

housekm at fastmail.fm housekm at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 5 13:12:18 EST 2004

Hi,

It looks like its something other than a running process is causing
wvdial to say the modem is busy.  I did a killall pppd, even a killall
-g, but apparently control-c from the command line does kill all pppd
processes.  (/dev/modem and /dev/ttyS0 permissions are fine).  Thanks for
your reply - it helped eliminate one thing I thought was causing the
error.  I'll just keep plugging away at this, it's not critical.

Kathleen