[Techtalk] adding second hard drive

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Thu Feb 5 01:15:27 EST 2004

At 2/4/04 07:16 PM , Angelina Carlton wrote:

>When I boot up, the bios recognizes the drive, it lists
>2 drives, maxtor 60gb (debian linux)
>and then it reports : found primary slave
>fujitsu 4gb
>
>So I think it is physically attached correctly, or the bios wouldnt see
>it, is this a safe assumption?

The BIOS sees it, but... 4GB? It seems odd that you'd add a 4GB drive to a
machine that already had a 60GB drive in it. Could the BIOS be defaulting
to non-LBA addressing or something along those lines?

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"Death and money make their point once more,
  In the shape of philosophical assassins..."
                                                 --Shriekback,
                                                  "Gunning for the
                                                   Buddha"