[Techtalk] A distro for old machines...

Katie Bechtold katie at katie-and-rob.org
Tue Feb 3 10:13:23 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 09:59:22PM -0500, MMP - Barb Fox wrote:
> Here are the two web sites that I used to build my XF86Config
> (I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 410CDT).

Mine is a Toshiba Satellite Pro 425CDS, and I finally got X working
by booting into Knoppix (only to be attempted for very good reasons
on a machine this old and slow!) and making a copy of the XF86Config
and XF86Config-4 files that Knoppix generated.  I booted back into
Debian and used the config files from Knoppix and it (almost)
worked.  (I had to change my mouse protocol from "auto" to "PS/2"
to get the mouse to work.)

--
Katie Bechtold         http://katie-and-rob.org/

One seldom sees a monument to a committee.