[Techtalk] A distro for old machines...

Bud bud at babytux.org
Mon Feb 2 13:10:30 EST 2004

Hi Barb,

 Wow thats gr8! I could too tied up with some other stuf I didnt get time to
persue it. I was able to get Debian 3.0 up and running with just flux box but
it wasnt too stable. I downloaded Vectra so I'm hoping to give it a try.

 The main issue is always RAM so are you running this system on 24MB ram? What
window manager are you running?

 For playing audio I think xmms should work for you. Just give it a try.. its
not very heavy on resources.. though I'm not sure how it will perform on a
P90.

 Could you possible post your XFree86 config. Is that specific to your grahic
card or generic (e.g. VESA)?

Bud