[Techtalk] Nforce A7N8X boot problem

ed orphan millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA
Sat Dec 4 14:33:44 EST 2004

Almost every time I try to boot this Nforce A7N8X
it stalls after doing the memory check and finding
the drives. The screen just sits there, until I press
DEL and then it gos into the BIOS. I do nothing to the BIOS.
All I do is an Exit and Save, then the system goes
back to square one, checks the memory and discovers
the drives, and boots to the Grub bootmanager screen.
I've got 3 distros installed. After that everything seems
to be OK.  But this boot problem is very irritating.
I'm tired of having to see the BIOS every time I boot.
Then, once every 3 or 4 boots, the system does a normal
boot, just to remind me of what I'm missing.
Could it be the motherboard battery? I'm nervous about
changing it and maybe loosing some info I don't even
know about and can't replace.
 I will never buy an Asus Nforce product again.