[Techtalk] Cross platform Open-Source Accounting Package?

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sat Dec 4 10:33:40 EST 2004

This may be wishful thinking, but does anyone know of a cross-platform
open-source accounting system that runs on Windows and Linux (and ideally OS
X too) and is NOT web based?  It must be easy to install and use, and have at
least some ability to deal with GST (since I'm in Australia).

I am involved with a couple of non-profit organisations, and it would be good
for home use too.

Most of the open-source accounting systems I've found so far are web-based
(making it harder to set up on Windows) or run either Linux or Windows, but
not generally both.

I found TurboCash (for Windows) which may be able to work with Wine (although
it suggests the CrossOver Office version).

I know of MoneyDance (but it is not free or open-source).

GnuLedger looked good until I noticed that it has not released any new file
for over two years.

Lazy8 looks like a posibility...

I'd be interested in any other suggestions.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--
Rasjid Wilcox