[Techtalk] Domain name registrars

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Fri Apr 23 23:04:16 EST 2004

On Thursday 22 April 2004 08:28, Trent Di Renna wrote:
> <de-lurking>
>
> Does anyone know a reputable domain name registrar?  I'm setting up a web
> page for a friend, and she wants her own domain name eventually, but I'm
> not sure which of the long list of registrar are actually trustworthy.
> Thanks.

Well, I went with PlanetDomain (http://www.planetdomain.com.au/) and have not
had any problems with them.  Then again I do little but click on their
website once a year.

My main criteria for a Domain Name Registrar was that they
a) did Australian domains.
b) seemed big enough to probably be in business in a few years time.
c) were not too expensive.

Cheers,

Rasjid.