[Techtalk] Burning CDs in Fedora (ide-scsi problem, I think)

Magni Onsoien magnio+lc-techtalk at pvv.ntnu.no
Thu Apr 15 08:30:32 EST 2004

On 2004-04-14 15:38:00 -0700, Carla Schroder said:
> Try this:
>
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-cdburn.html

Thank you! It did wonders :)

Just a little comment:
My /etc/modules.conf didn't accept the "ide-scsi ignore"-line without a
"options" before. I guess this is a "global" modues.conf problem, not
just a Fedora one.

Also the next line, "ide-scsi" didn't work but I am not sure what to add
before it to to get it accepted into /etc/modules.conf. A line
containing just "ide-scsi" didn't work at least.

Then I skipped the lilo/grub and reboot part, did an 'lsmod|grep scsi'
which gave the wanted result, and then 'cdrecord -scanbus' told me my
CD-burner was 0,0,0 :)

(The speed of my burner makes me stressed, though. I am used to 4x
burners, so my 24x burner is quite fast compared to that. I have been
changing CDs three times while writing this email :) Maybe I should go
back to speed=4...)

Conclusion: Great work from you!

Magni :)
--