[Techtalk] dvd-rom problems

tiera tiera at comhem.se
Mon Apr 5 12:16:27 EST 2004

Hi!

I'm having trouble with a dvd-rom. We bought a new computer (an asus
pundit) and to that we bought a dvd-rom (asus dvd-e166p1). I installed
Fedora Core 1 on it yesterday, from cd, without a problem. And now I
can't use the dvd-rom anymore. There's one harddrive in the computer
and that's /dev/hdb, so I thought the dvd-rom would be /dev/hda then.
But there's nothing there. I've looked through /var/log/messages and
the output from dmesg but it doesn't say anything about a dvd
anywhere. Am I missing something really obvious? I thought the drive
would be automatically detected? I mean, it worked during
installation and the bios finds it correctly.

/Tiera