[Techtalk] RedHat - Fedora Linux - alternatives?

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Sep 29 17:17:44 EST 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 01:40:24AM +1000 or thereabouts, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> >  How's the Gnome support?  SuSE's website lists Gnome 2.2 as
> > being supported, but does it have hidden problems?
>
> No idea.  I run KDE.

If you want commercial backing (as in the part I snipped), I don't
know whether this helps you. But there is a site which makes rpms
for SuSE of up-to-date GNOME. It does say "you use at your own risk"
though, which is not what I think you want...

	http://www.usr-local-bin.org

Not running SuSE, I haven't tried it. Has anyone?

Telsa