[Techtalk] OT: Disabling X11 startup on console on an HP Visualize C200 running HP-UX 10.20

distantnorth at netscape.net distantnorth at netscape.net
Fri Sep 26 11:20:06 EST 2003

Hi, everyone,

We have an ancient HP Visualize C200 system here running HP-UX 10.20.  It has no monitor but is connected through the serial port to an Annex server from which we look at various system consoles.  It keeps locking up, and it seems that the HP box is trying to get X11 to run on the console.  How do I disable this so that it stays at a typical text-only terminal login prompt at the console?

I've read the C200 manual and it is supposed to know there is no terminal if it's booted without (it has been).

I haven't worked with anything HP this old in a long time.  Clues much appreciated.

Thanks,
Caity (via webmail)