[Techtalk] Problem's mounting a window's filesystem?

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Thu Sep 25 16:23:28 EST 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:20:28 -0500 (CDT)
"Stratis Aftousmis" <stratus at ccsi.com> wrote:

> Hello! I have a bunch of '.bmp' file's on a cdrw disk that was burned in
> window's (FAT32). I tryed mounting it, it mounted fine, i then proceeded

erm its my understanding that CDs have their own filesystem. Therefore your
CD will not be fat32, it will just contain files copied off a fat32 drive.

> I hope that's enough information for a diagnosis, and any help
> would appreaciated!

To a cleverer person than me it might be, but I'd be interested in learning

1. Which linux distribution do you use? Version?
2. What was the exact command you used to mount the cd?

The one reason I can think of that would explain the problems is that the
CD drive on your linux machine has problems reading the CDRW that was
created by a different drive.

Hamster