[Techtalk] Shell script to send user defined signal to a process

ruchika khera ruchika_khera at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 01:23:38 EST 2003

   Stratus,
      The end product is not ready yet. I am new to shell scripting and
   the
      embedded platform, so I am trying out a few options to find the
   best
      solution.
      I actually have to write a program that sends data over a PPP
      connection but I do not want to hold the calling program while the
   PPP
      connection is being established. So I was thinking of sending
   signals
      from the PPP script to the main program once the connection is
      established, or if it gets dropped, or if ppp script fails for any
      reason. Hence, my question.
      Does this approach sound right? Any suggestions?
      Thanks,
      Ruchika

   Yearning for ol' pals? For ol' school days? [1]Here's a surprise!