[Techtalk] vitrual hosts and squirrelmail

Dennis Wheeler wheelers at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 11 10:32:38 EST 2003

On 11 Sep 2003, Michelle Murrain wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 14:02, Dennis Wheeler wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm administering a site that had one client and have successfully added a
> > second client via virtual hosts.
> <snip>
> > Do I need to install and run a second copy of squirrelmail for the second
> > client?
>
> That's what I've always done - run multiple copies of squirrelmail for
> each virtual host. There might be a more elegant way of doing it, but I
> couldn't figure it out, so I just did it the easy way.

Thanks, I finially found the docs that recommended the same thing.
Apparently the virtual hosts features are planned for the 2.0 version.

I'm still having trouble finding which conf file tells apache to use the
squirrelmail alias for the one site and not the other,

And now I stuck on trying to get imap running. It looks like I've already
got imaps running. That's the secure channel on port 993, right?

Shouldn't I be able to telnet to localhost 993 if it's running? It just
seems to hang.

So far, most of the docs I can find talk about inetd.conf (or something
like that) and I don't have one of those. I have an xinet.d folder.

I'm trying to pour through the RedHat 9.0 docs, but it's a lot and I'm
easily distracted trying to fix other unrelated issues I come across.

Thanks for any and all advice,
-- Dennis