Fwd: Re: [Techtalk] How should I partition the hard drive?

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Thu Oct 30 10:13:05 EST 2003

Sorry - I keep forgetting to send to the list (now using Opera) :( I have
to stop having such a very well-working forgetter (part of brain that
forgets things) :)

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:22:21 +0000, Conor Daly wrote:
> If you plan to do a whole lot of graphics/photos and can spare the cash,
> it would be worthwhile getting some extra RAM though 256Mb is a fairly
> decent amount.

My computer doesn't allow more than 256MB RAM. That's the maximum it can
use. It's 4 yrs. old and I got it free with one of those 3-yr. MSN
contracts (which I fullfilled). I'm on a very limited income due to
disability so there's no chance of getting another computer. I have to
make do with what I got. The machine always did wall, though, even on
very large photos which required a lot of correction of large areas. I'm
not worried about the hardware. It works fine for me. :)

> Maintain a seperate partition for the /home directory.  That way, when
> it's upgrade time, (or when you decide to do a clean install again) your
> $HOME will be preserved.

I been thinking that and like that idea. :)

TechChiq