[Techtalk] How should I partition the hard drive?

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Wed Oct 29 22:07:08 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:44:55 -0500
TechChiq <techchiq at hotpop.com> wrote:

> I'm getting ready to go 100% linux (right now I have a dual-boot
> win98/Linux). I'm looking for advice on how best to partition the hard
> drive.

Heya, at the risk of sounding rude, and that's not the intention at all, nor
do I just wish to brush off your question, but the "what size partitions"
question is one that pops up a lot, on both techtalk and newchix mailing
lists.

Can I politely suggest you have a look in the archives for both those
mailing lists? In the past people have gone to a lot of trouble outlining
ideas, and rather than have them type it all again, it's a simple matter of
looking it up.

If you need help searching, gimme a yell, and I'll put grep to the test on
my copy of the archives :-)

Hamster