[Techtalk] KaddressBook

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sat Oct 25 22:49:47 EST 2003

On Saturday 25 October 2003 19:15, Raena wrote:
> I am looking for my addresses in KaddreesBook to copy over to a post crash
> re-install . I am running SuSE 8.2. It is not in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc
> or ~/.kde/share/apps/kab
>
> Does this mean it was lost in the crash. Or is there somewhere I have
> missed?

Hmm.... I'm running SuSE 8.2.  Opening the KDE address book and running

$ lsof | grep kab | grep -v so
kaddressb 2607 rasjidw   24r   DIR        3,8     4096   1897035
/home/rasjidw/.kde/share/apps/kabc

and in there I have a 'std.vcf' file that has the addresses that show up in my
address book.

If the std.vcf file is not there, then I think that is a bad sign.

Hope this help anyway,

Rasjid.

--
Rasjid Wilcox