[Techtalk] Web page downloads with null characters

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Wed Oct 22 21:42:38 EST 2003

Hi Hamster,

> But what happens when you choose View Source (or your browser's
> equivalent)? For me, the page (as so far as you could call it a page)
> displayed fine, but when I chose  View Source, that's when I got all
> the squares and weird stuff happening.

What are you using to view the source? (You probably already said, but
I've lost it.) This reminds me of a tussle I had with Mdk 9.1, where I
got truly weird stuff in KDE's Konsole, because the i18n stuff was set
to unicode system-wide; once I turned that off and went to a non-UTF
font, it all worked fine. I think I remember someone saying that had
weird-looking man pages, too, which was another symptom that
disappeared once I turned unicode off.

Cheers!
--
Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia