EBay experiences? (was: [Techtalk] Wireless Help)

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Tue Oct 21 09:44:59 EST 2003

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 8:45 am, Brenda Bell wrote:
> > You don't really *need* a Linksys.  If price is a concern, and your
> > house is not too big and/or harsh on wireless signal (a 2.4GHz cordless
> >
> > phone would be of similar strength of a WLAN card), you can get an
> > D-Link AP at a lower price.  You can pick one up at less than US$100, or
> >
> > US$50 if you look harder.
>
> ebay's a good alternative for WAP11's... prices for current auctions
> average 40-60$

I know lots of people swear by EBay, is it really worth all the aggravation to
save a few dollars? What if your item is defective? What about warranty
support? I've always preferred the local mom n pop computer shop, they don't
always have the rock-bottomest prices, but the service and support are
unbeatable.

--
Carla Schroder