[Techtalk] Installation Help Needed for Pan

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Mon Oct 20 23:49:19 EST 2003

On 20 Oct 2003 17:24:55 -0400
TechChiq <techchiq at hotpop.com> wrote:

> pan: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkspell.so.0: cannot open
>
> Odd because a whereis shows this:
>
> libgtkspell.so: /usr/local/lib/libgtkspell.so.0
> /usr/local/lib/libgtkspell.so

Hi, I'm afraid I know nothing about pan at all, but problems like sometimes
come down to a programme called ldd - its in charge of library linking and
stuff.

Unfortunately I cant really give you any guidance as to how to use ldd to
fix your problem though, so on the whole I'm not being too much help. sorry!

Hamster