[Techtalk] a working MTA...a SIMPLE one!

Staci scorcora at wisc.edu
Mon Oct 20 07:05:22 EST 2003

so far i have 4 MTAs installed, none of them work.

my situation is this: I want to use fetchmail to retrieve my mail from my
university imap server, mutt to read it, and some MTA to send it back thru my
ISP's open smtp server.  There's just me on this machine, i do NOT need a big
complicated-config MTA.

fetchmail WAS working and so was nbsmtp, but then neither of them did and
haven't since...i don't know why, nothing changed that i can see.  (if y'all
want more info ask, i don't want to send a huge email quite yet.)

Right now my only option is to use pine to connect to the imap machine, and go
from there, but i'd really rather get the other setup working.

Does anyone have a simple smtp thingy that they know inside and out and could
help me get set up?

Thanks,
sl