[Techtalk] Mandrake 9.2

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Sun Oct 19 16:14:57 EST 2003

On 18 Oct 2003 18:23:29 -0400
TechChiq <techchiq at hotpop.com> wrote:

> My config has only one line: DESKTOP="GNOME". Now things like gEdit and
> things that work in KDE but are not KDE-specific show a BlueCurve theme
> and those (what I consider) undesireable line-art black and white
> buttons, scroll bars, etc. I prefer my interface to match straight
> through. Would this be where I can change it? Which should I change my
> config file to read?

Can you supply more info about your setup please. Are you using KDE or Gnome
as your desktop environment? Do you boot directly to X or go via a terminal
and the startx command?

It sounds to me like you have theme issues, thats nothing to do with the
display manager as such. The display manager (gdm by default for gnome, kde
or kdm for KDE) takes care of window placement and behaviour, but themes are
an "extra" on top, that require additional configuration

Hamster