[Techtalk] KMail still bugging me

Doc Nielsen linuxchix at docnielsen.dk
Mon Oct 13 16:03:07 EST 2003

> That's the ticket! It needs the %u string.
>
> Jolly good!
>
> Anyone know where to find out what these mysterious %u and such mean? I've
> googled a lot to no avail. Probably a programmer's seekrit.

no idea where, but thanks all and one!

and to line it out for the ones who couldn't keep up

kcontrol > KDE Components > File Associations > text > html
press Add, write opera at the top
press ok
select the new opera entry and move it to the top
click edit (while opera is selected)
icon is at /usr/share/opera/images/
Command is /usr/bin/opera -newpage %u (here)
press OK, then apply, then close kcontrol and restart kmail (to be sure)

thats it. my opera now opens links clicked in kmail.

have a lovely day, all of you!

--
Doc Nielsen <linuxchix at docnielsen.dk>