[techtalk] Linux Barcode Scanner & Printer

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Fri Oct 10 15:09:27 EST 2003

> could you assist me on how to test my serial barcode scanner under linux
> redhat v9, i am new in linux and dont know how to test it
> greatly appreciate for your help...

I'm not sure what you're asking -- do you already have the driver for it
setup?  And a program to use with it?  If so, then just run it over a bar
code (on the back of most books, CDs, software boxes, etc), and see if you
get the number below the barcode.

If you need a driver, then maybe you could give us some more information.  Is
this a cue cat?  Or some other type of scanner?

--
Andrea Landaker
http://www.icecavern.net/~qirien/