[Techtalk] Best router or router/AP fpr VPN pass-through?

Tammy Cravit tammy.lists at warmfuzzy.com
Wed Oct 8 12:45:59 EST 2003

I know this isn't technically a Linux question (since right now the box
I need to get working is a WinXP laptop), but I'm hoping some of the
collective expertise of the list might be able to help me out.

I have a client who's asked me to set up VPN access to his network for
some development work I'm doing. (On XP, this is evidently done with
some abomination of a kludge called an IPsec policy or somesuch)...the
problem is, my router, a Netgear MA801, doesn't seem to support VPN
pass-through connections, so I can't actually connect to his network.
I'm pretty well at the point where I think I'm going need a new router
that really supports this nonsense, so...any recommendations or words of
wisdom that anyone has would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Tammy

--

Tammy Cravit, tammy at warmfuzzy.com <mailto:tammy at warmfuzzy.com>   | "Courage is the price that life