[Techtalk] KDE, Konqueror and man pages

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Sat Oct 4 15:47:20 EST 2003

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 01:53:53PM +0200 or thereabouts, Hamster wrote:
> I've been looking for man to html converters for a day or so now, and have
> come across three programmes, man2html, rman (also called polyglot man)  and
> manserver.pl

There is also a man to DocBook program. You could in theory then
run a DocBook to HTML converter on the result. I haven't used it
much. It lives at http://www.catb.org/~esr/doclifter/

> I wasn't particularly happy with the output from any one of them, yet the
> output from konqi was just spot on.
>
> The interesting thing is, is that the output from the programme man2html is
> quite different from the html that konqi produces, hence my question if
> anyone knows just what it is that konqi uses.

I don't know much (anything :)) about KDE. Are you saying the
HTML itself was different, or that the appearance and rendering
of it was different?

If the latter, I would suspect a stylesheet. Finding that
would help.

Telsa