[Techtalk] Asking for new PC recommended specs

Gina Lanik geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at
Wed Oct 1 14:52:49 EST 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 07:29:02AM -0500, Julie wrote:
[...]
> Speaking of which, how reliable are LVM and ReiserFS?
> I just added a 250MB Maxtor I'm planning to use with
> them and want to know how paranoid I have to be about
> the data disappearing ...

I'd rather use ext3 than ReiserFS because if the journal is broken you can
still use the FS as ext2 which you won't be able to with ReiserFS IIRC.

LVM works like a charm, we use it in production enviroment and no problems
so far.

Cheers,

Gina
--
Gina Lanik                      :: LinuxChix member
SysAdmin                        :: http://www.linuxchix.org/