[Techtalk] Removing sane from RH7.3

ed orphan millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA
Sun Nov 23 20:22:52 EST 2003

How do I delete the default version of
sane that comes with Red Hat 7.3 ?
My Red Hat 7.3 kernel 2.4.18-3 came with
sane 1.0.1
I have to update to sane 1.0.9 but I can not
until I've cleared the old sane away.
I can not find any of the old sane files anywhere!
I can't delete them if I can't find them.
I've been using
          find -name sane -print
and variations thereof, plus just searching by
eye through the filesystem, but there is no sign
of any sane files. I know sane 1.0.1 is installed
because the command
 sane-find-scanner   works and finds my scanner,
plus my attempt to  ./configure  the new 1.0.9 sane
fails with a message telling me to get rid of the
old sane first.
Can anyone tell me how to delete the default version
of sane that comes with Red Hat 7.3 ?