[Techtalk] Extended Partitions - last words

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Thu Nov 20 16:19:45 EST 2003

This is my LAST post to LinuxChix before I UNsubscribe.

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 14:22, Hamster wrote:

:: flame snipped ::

I'm not about to get flamed for trying to help. I did give you relevent
links and information. Apparently you didn't want to bother reading. I
told you several times the difference between the two partitions
(AGAIN-- 0x0F is DOS Extended and 0x85 is Linux Extended - I can't be
more clear than that! And there is plenty on Google to confirm I'm
right). And also since you mentioned you were thinking of using a 0x0F
partition to run linux, I've found (as did someone else in another postm
who gave you more information as proof) that using 0x0F as a linux
partition is not a good idea at all. At least I took time to look it up
and read into it.

But to insinuate that *I* don't know what a partition is, I find your
flaming insulting. I won't bother with this any longer as I don't have
the time or energy to be put down like that just for helping.

I also will block your emails after I unsubscribe. I don't care to hear
about this again. It's not worth it.

'cya