[Techtalk] Extended Partitions - I found it! - not quite.

Brenda Bell k15a-list-linuxchix at theotherbell.com
Thu Nov 20 09:19:10 EST 2003

Quoting Hamster <hamster at hamsternet.org>:

> Well yeah, if the issue is choosing between 0x85 and 0x05, the ok. But
> thats not the question. My question is asking the difference between
> ***0x0F*** and 0x85.

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner -- been really busy.  Some OS's (NT)
use BIOS interrupts to access the hard drive.  Unless you're running
multiple OS's, you'll want to use 0x85.  For future reference, INT13 has
several restrictions like a hard limit of 7.8GB on the partition size when
you have 512 byte sectors.

--
Brenda
http://opensource.theotherbell.com