[Techtalk] JavaScript now working!

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Fri Nov 14 15:24:00 EST 2003

And lucky for me, I found out why (it wasn't one of those "miraculous"
fix-itself thingies).

I deleted all my ~/.mozilla, ~/.netscape and ~/.netscape6 dirs to reset
everything. Popups worked in Mozilla but not in Konqueror. I found a web
Now Javascript is working and back to normal! I don't know how or why
things got set like that, but I think one time I did save a special web

And to Hamster - you were right - it wasn't Opera. :) It just was I
guess that same day or shortly a few minutes after uninstalling Opera I
might have changed that profile in Konqueror and something goofed things
up. How/why Mozilla was also affected is something I still can't figure
out (THAT I think was a "miraculous fix-itself" though :)

I think what gave me the clue was when I created another user account
and found that with a clean slate, everything worked fine. This told me
there wasn't a problem within the system itself, but rather a problem
with a user setting.

TechChiq
Home Page: http://members.fortunecity.com/techchiq/
Linux User # 331707, Machine # 216034 (http://counter.li.org)