[Techtalk] Javascript suddenly went bye-bye

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Fri Nov 14 12:49:30 EST 2003

On 13 Nov 2003 22:53:04 -0500
TechChiq <techchiq at hotpop.com> wrote:

> I had javascript working fine in Opera, Mozilla, and Konqueror. Now,
> after I had uninstalled Opera since I decided not to use it anymore,
> JavaScript won't work at all. My guess is that a setting got
> blitzed/removed from the .mozilla directory. But I don't know what or
> what to put back in.

Hi, I dont know the answer to your problem, but I can tell you that opera
doesnt touch any .mozilla directories. I dont think you can blame the
uninstall of opera. I can add and remove it ad nauseum on my machine here
without effecting konqi or moz..

What distro are you using? If its one with a package management system, try
verifying the mozilla package or kdebase (I think thats the one with konqi)
to see if any files are missing.

Hamster