[Techtalk] cvs tags and branches

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Wed Nov 12 11:06:54 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 11:19:57AM -0800, Cynthia Kiser wrote:
> If I were you, instead of having your new client as a branch in the
> repository of the first client, I would create a working copy of the
> code you want to reuse between the two and start treating yourself as
> a vendor. You can find discussion of stuff sort of like this in
> http://ccm.redhat.com/asj/version-control/.

Thank you for all your suggestions (and to Hamster too!). I'm going to try
and puzzle my way through this while taking breaks from writing a creative
brief. You're right that I've done virtually no work on the new client's
code base. I've tweaked a couple config files, but now's probably a good
time to amalgamate them all into one CVS-free directory (I emailed the
list about this ages ago and got some excellent suggestions).

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]