[Techtalk] Acer Travelmate 662LCi, touchpad

Gina Lanik geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at
Thu Nov 6 17:20:24 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:48:53PM +0100, Gina Lanik wrote:
> has anyone here managed to get the Synaptics touchpad on an Acer Travelmate
> 660-Series (662LCi in our case) working? We installed Fedora and followed
> the precise instructions from the INSTALL file which comes with the source
> from http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/. I have googled and tried
> a couple of days already but to no avail.
>
> Logfiles and more details available upon request - everything looks OK in
> XFree.0.log and I'm completely out of ideas =(

Turns out everything WAS working OK already, the touchpad itself was
switched off *looks-around-embarrassed*

Nevertheless setting it all up wasn't -that- easy, so my SO and I will
probably write a summary on how to get Linux (Fedora in that case)
installed and everything working on this specific model. If anyone's
interested I can post the link as soon as we're done ;-)

Cheers,

Gina
--
Gina Lanik                      :: LinuxChix member
SysAdmin                        :: http://www.linuxchix.org/