[Techtalk] Opera Help with Replies

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Sun Nov 2 15:24:04 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 07:06, Conor Daly wrote:
> You might consider serving your own email at home.  Use a combination of
> fetchmail and sendmail to POP your email when connected and then point
> evo at your local mail account.  As far as evo is concerned, it's just
> another mail server.  This is not terribly clear is it?  It goes like
> this:

> To read news, you just point pan (or whatever) at localhost rather than
> your normal news server.  I used this for some time at home on dialup.

That won't solve my problem, but instead make MORE problems. :( I don't
want to, care to, nor intend to run a server that is connected to the
internet at all. I want a *client* not a server. As mentioned, Pan
doesn't do binary attachments in a very intuitive way (actually, the
newest version says it does but I never can tell if a header has an
attachment or not and opening one I know that does, won't show there is
an attachment to download).

I just want a user-friendly, basic, HTML-compatible, newsreader *client*
that will let me tell by the headers what messages have attachments,
show attachments in the message (either as downloadable link, or inline
image or an image at the end of the message) and be able to read them
offline.

I don't at this point care to mess with servers. I plan to keep my ports
either stealth or closed when I'm connected to the internet (as I do
now).

TechChiq
http://members.fortunecity.com/techchiq/
Paint Shop Pro 8/Wine, Linux, Digital Art, Photography, Web Site Design
Linux User # 331707, Machine # 216034 (http://counter.li.org)