[Techtalk] Opera Help with Replies

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Sat Nov 1 12:04:18 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:30:43 -0500
TechChiq <techchiq at hotpop.com> wrote:

> I keep forgetting to make all my replies to people on the list to
> "techtalk at linuxchix.org". Seems that for some reason I can never ever
> remember that. :( I wish there was a way in Opera to "reply to list"?
> Anyone got any ideas to make this easier to remember? I've been
> accidentally emailing nearly every post I make to the authors and not the
> list. It's frustrating. :(

I'm afraid I've never used Opera mail. I guess it doesnt yet have the
"smarts" to cope with a mailing list. Maybe you could try asking on an opera
list if someone has a solution? What I used to do on another list, is set up
a filter to put say, all techtalk email in one folder. I then set the
properties on that folder so all replies to emails in that folder get sent
to a specific address.

> I've noticed, I'm on the kde-linux list too and when I reply to a post it
> automatically will put the kde-linux address (not the original author) in
> the TO field. Why does it do that for that list and not this one? I'm
> curious on how to set this up so I can do this without inconveniencing
> folks...

The kde lists do whats called "address munging". The list automatically
inserts a Reply To: header set to the mailing list address. Linuxchix lists
dont do that. If you want to know why, have a look here:
http://www.linuxchix.org/content/docs/faqs/policy.html#id2800866

Hamster