[Techtalk] collaboration...

Diggy Bell diggy at dbsoftdev.com
Thu May 29 14:53:43 EST 2003

Walt,

If you're familiar with Sourceforge, you should check out gforge.org.  It
provides several key features you're looking for.

1. Discussion Forums
2. Bug Tracking
3. Task Tracking
4. Support Requests
5. Documentation
6. File Release Management
7. CVS Repository Browser

One of the original developers from Sourceforge has branched off and started
GForge to keep it open source.  The team has added some really nice
functionality for project management as well.  I had previously used an
older version of Sourceforge internally and found it to be an excellent tool
to keep all aspects of the project visible to everyone involved.

I'm currently implementing an install of GForge for use with my clients.
We're several thousand miles and a couple of time zones apart.  They're also
totally unfamiliar with the software development process.  GForge does a
good job of providing a buffer between the developer and the client,
especially in terms of the questions a customer asks daily like: How far
along is...?  Have you fixed...?  Is there a spec for...?

Hope this helps...

William D. 'Diggy' Bell
Principal
DB Software Development