[Techtalk] Problems with Netatalk

Scott Sandeman-Allen (RSCorp) scott at rscorp.ab.ca
Thu May 15 19:14:54 EST 2003

As mandi suggested, a newer version of netatalk would be a good idea. If you
are letting Macs with OSX connect, you may wish to upgrade to 1.6.2, though
that needs to be built from source. The project and source is at

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/netatalk

How are you managing the starting/stopping of netatalk. Usually, the installers
place a directory at /etc/atalk, /etc/netatalk, /usr/local/etc/netatlak etc for
configuration files and an /etc/init.d/atalk or /etc/init.d/netatalk with
asscoiatated /rc3.d links (often managed by a SysV tool under X).

I'm not sure how it would be done but could you have the starting/stopping
related to the users login rather than the typical boot process?

Hope this helps,

S.