[Techtalk] Dual Booting YDL on an iBook

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Wed May 14 17:43:26 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 17:13, Betty Johnson wrote:

> To change it, use:
> setenv boot-device hd:10,\\:tbxi
> printenv boot-device
>
> Make sure it's set properly.  If it is, type:
> shut-down
>
> And it will power the machine off.  Turn it on, then you should get the
> yaboot screen.

Thanks, Betty, this *is* helpful.  What partition did you have Mandrake
install yaboot to?  [I've got a 75M partition 10 for /boot, some swap,
then the rest of the disk is / at partition 12.  Apple seems to like
partitions.]  And are the setenv arguments the same in all instances, or
might I have to change them if my partitions are different?  If you
could break down what that line does I think I'd have a better
understanding of what's going on with it.

regards,
Beth
--
  /\/\    Beth Johnson