[Techtalk] Anti-spam tool for Qmail -urgent

Isabelle Hurbain isabelle.hurbain at free.fr
Sun Mar 30 10:53:22 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:10:38 +0530
Vijaya <vijaya at cablelite.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Could any one suggest some good antispam tool for qmail smtp
> server..Like to set a threshold for the rctp to: and to grep the size
> of the mail ..It would be nice if that software has a GUI tool..

Off-topic (but not that much): I recently discovered a POP3 filter,
which is to be used between your POP3 client and POP3 server(s). It is
a small Python script that uses statistical methods. It requires a bit
of learning(with a corpus of"good emails" and a corpus of "spam
emails"), but it's rather easy to configure and transparent once it
runs. There are some false negatives at the beginning, but I have seen
no false positive.

Isa