[Techtalk] Anti-spam tool for Qmail -urgent

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sun Mar 30 09:27:13 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 06:40 pm, Vijaya wrote:
> Hi all,
> Could any one suggest some good antispam tool for qmail smtp server..Like
> to set a threshold for the rctp to: and to grep the size of the mail ..It
> would be nice if that software has a GUI tool..

I use qpsmtpd, which is written in Perl.  See
http://develooper.com/code/qpsmtpd/

No GUI, but it is really easy to write plugins to qpsmtpd to do all the things
you want.  I don't think a plugin that sets a threshold level on 'rcpt to'
has been written yet, but it would only take around 10 lines of perl to do
so.

I have written a plugin that logs all kinds of information about the mail
(including the size of the mail) to a MySQL database - see
http://www.openminddev.net/twiki/bin/view/Main/QpsmtpdPlugins.  I originally
had this plugin logging all the headers to the database, but then cut it down
to just the ones I wanted.

qpsmtpd is well written and easy to adpat to pretty much whatever requirements
you have.

Cheers,

Rasjid.