[Techtalk] pdfs and mutt

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Mar 18 02:04:16 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:58:11PM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Now I see HTML email converted into plain text by lynx. I used to see
> colored (HTML) email without having to press "v"iew but now it's converted
> into plain text email. i.e. I used to have "regular" auto view set up, but
> now that's being overridden by the mailcap entry.

So, when you say coloured HTML mail, do you mean like this:

Hello, this word is red.
                     ^

                this word has red letters

Or:

Hello, this word is <font color="#ff0000"red</font>

[ie you could still see the HTML.]

If the former, something aside from lynx (w3m maybe) was being called by
you /etc/mailcap to do this.

If you take the lynx stuff out of your ~/.mailcap file, I presume the
coloured text comes back. what happens when you reply to the message?

-Mary