[Techtalk] pdfs and mutt

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Mon Mar 17 22:58:11 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 06:20:40PM -0500, Mary wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 03:04:54PM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> > Also on the HTML + mutt front, someone else recommended this recently,
> > which means I can now reply to an HTML email and I get a plain text email
> > (which is GREAT). Unfortunately I now get the emails in plain text as
> > well. It's not a huge big deal--and I'm convinced I'll switch, but is
> > there any way to view in HTML and reply in text? Thanks!
> > in .mailcap:
> > text/html; lynx -force_html %s
> > text/html; lynx -force_html -dump %s; copiousoutput
>
> Can you rephrase that?
>
> Do you mean:
>
>  I now see HTML mail just like text mail, and I do not want this. I
>  would like to see HTML mail using (v)iew.

Now I see HTML email converted into plain text by lynx. I used to see
colored (HTML) email without having to press "v"iew but now it's converted
into plain text email. i.e. I used to have "regular" auto view set up, but
now that's being overridden by the mailcap entry.

Does that make more sense? :/

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin