[Techtalk] Installing Linux on an older laptop

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Mar 10 00:26:01 EST 2003

Tabatha Persad writes:
> Does anybody have experience installing Linux from a floppy onto a
> machine that has no CD drive?  If I can just get my network to see the

When installing linux on any new laptop, I recommend that your first
stop be http://linux-laptop.net/

There's tons of information there.  If they don't have anything
on your specific laptop, then for information on installing to
machines which lack a CD, start with the Toshiba Libretto pages.
There are lots of different solutions there.  Many Sony Vaios
also are "legacy-free" (no CD) so that might be another place
to look.

	...Akkana