[Techtalk] Linux Ergonomics

Subba Rao subba9 at cablespeed.com
Tue Mar 4 16:02:59 EST 2003

On  0, Mary <mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003, Subba Rao wrote:
> > I am searching for some software that will lockup my linux system(s)
> > for every X minutes.  For Windows, I found some software called
> > "Oostime" that does exactly that and forces the user to take a break
> > from the computer. Is there anything like that for Linux?
>
> Telsa mentioned xwrits, which has configurability coming out its ears.
> You want it to beep, flash, twitter, sparkle, explode your computer on
> overuse? It has a million punishments available!
>
> An alternative is DrWright: http://drwright.codefactory.se/
>
> DrWright is designed for GNOME 2! It has a few options (length of break,
> length of typing period). Its main advantage is being prettier than
> xwrits - it turns your screen grey (using alpha blending) and has a nice
> little stop sign ;)

Mary and Telsa,

Thank you for replying.  I found the DrWright, xwrits and WorkRave.  With the
exception of xwrits the other 2 require Gnome2.  My system already has Gnome2.
Now I cannot find a mirror that has the above tools to install from.  For
WorkRave I downloaded the .deb file and tried to install it using dpkg. (my
system is running Debian). Now dpkg complains about some libs missing.  The
search is still going on.  If I keep searching like this I might need
DrWright++ or so. :-) I have upgraded my Gnome2 again from different mirrors
mentioned at Gnome site.

Does anyone know where I can download these files for Debian (woody)
distribution?

Thank you once again.

--
Subba Rao